The service provides for submission of a request for inclusion into the regional quota of kandas and migrants admission.
The regional quota is allocated to the regions determined by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan for resettlement of the kandas, namely Akmola, East Kazakhstan, West Kazakhstan, Kostanay, Pavlodar, North Kazakhstan and Abai regions.
Thus, the kandas included into the regional quota have access to state support measures in the form of relocation subsidies (a one-time payment of 70 MCI to each family member) and coverage of the costs for rent and utilities for 12 months (in the amount from 15 to 30 MCI per family).
Also, the following services are available to ethnic Kazakhs who have received the kandas status:
– exemption from customs duties on property for personal use, including vehicles when arriving to the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– access to free-of-charge adaptation and integration services in the adaptation and integration centers for kandas;
– right for education within the quotas for admission to educational institutions of technical and vocational, post-secondary and higher education (the quota for persons of Kazakh nationality who are not citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan is set at 4%);
– provision of measures to promote employment on an equal basis with Kazakhstani citizens;
– opportunity to apply for housing from the public housing fund.
Moreover, from March 2023, an economic mobility certificate has been introduced for purchase, construction of housing or partial coverage of initial installment for housing lending both under fee-based and non-repayable basis in the amount of 50% from housing amount or up to KZT 4 million per family.
Since the launch, 272 people have applied for a regional quota via the eGov.kz portal.
"It is vital for us to make the public services more convenient and accessible not only to all the Kazakhstani citizens but also for others. Today, state support measures are created in our country for kandas and migrants. Now they can apply for inclusion into the regional quota online via the eGov.kz portal and eGov Mobile app without visiting Citizen Service Center and other authorities", said Rostislav Konyashkin, Chairman of the Board, National Information Technologies JSC.
The new service can be found on the eGov.kz portal in "For citizenry" - "Citizenship, migration and immigration" section. A similar service is also available in the "Services" - "Benefits, allowances and pensions" section of the eGov Mobile application.
To submit an application, a users needs to:
- confirm consent to the use of personal data;
- select a region that provides a quota;
- fill-in information about an applicant;
- attach a copy of passport with a notarized translation into Kazakh and Russian;
- attach copies of marriage or divorce certificate (if available);
- attach copies of documents confirming education, qualifications and work experience in a particular specialty;
- sign a request using a one-time password or a digital signature.
The service delivery result will appear within 14 working days in the personal account in the form of a decision on inclusion into the regional quota of kandas admission or a substantiated refusal.
The service was implemented thanks to the joint work of National Information Technologies JSC, Ministry of Digital Development, Innovations and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Kazakhstan.