From the Charter
• formation of the information infrastructure of the Republic of Kazakhstan which is part of a common world information space;
• increasing the information culture of the people of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the world community;
• forecasting the main directions of informatization development of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the world community;
• training of specialists, highly qualified scientific personnel; in-service training and retraining of specialists in all sectors of the national economy;
• printing industrial, research, educational-methodical, information-analytical literature; publication of newspapers and magazines.